Let Yoga be your Medicine.
inHarmony Yoga. Yoga for Health. Yoga for EveryBODY.
Taking a class with Antonina is pure joy.
Taking a class with Antonina is pure joy. She explains in depth why we practice yoga and brings us to the present moment. The class is a good mix of challenging, stretching and calming postures. When we leave the class we are invigorated and calm. Antonina has a profound understanding of Yoga, not only the body but the mind and the spirit as well.
Mary, Kirkland, WA, USA (in Savasana)
What is inHarmony Yoga for Health (iHYH)
simple. practical. effective.
iHYH is designed to promote a health and wellbeing in any person through a targeted, personalised and intelligent approach based on a better understanding of yoga as a system of health, human physiology, anatomy and each person’s needs.
People with different personalities, lifestyles, and health issues have very different needs.
inHarmony Yoga for Health classes, part of longer term programs, are typically conducted in one-on-one or small group settings.
What sets iHYH apart from other types of yoga is its focus on linking each human to the right tools within the vast world of yoga (breath work, guided visualisation, meditation, postures and movement, mantra, yogic philosophy, human physiology education, conversation and evaluation) for the most effective outcome.
iHYH is not another style of yoga. It is a unique approach and a system that uses all yoga styles and tools. The goal is to chose the simplest, most suitable and effective tool for each human to promote a better health and a sense of wellbeing in the shortest period of time.
About Antonina – the founder of iHYH
Doing yoga doesn’t need to be a pretentious or complicated undertaking. I strip away all the bells and whistles and rely on only you, your movement and your breath. Through a series of postures and movements, we align your body, activate your muscle groups, increase your joint range of movement. As an added bonus, when your body starts to get more of what it needs and wants, your brain responds. When I teach, I let go & relax so I may be an open channel for creative energy to pass through. I tune in my heart into every person to translate the teachings in the best and easiest way. Every student is my teacher.
My yoga and meditation journey started 25 years ago in the south of Japan where I lived and worked.
I never stopped practicing it and in 2008 I became a Yoga Alliance certified Ashtanga Yoga & Meditation teacher in South Africa. I have been teaching yoga ever since… in the US, Spain, and India. In 2011, I got my 500 hour certification in Therapy Yoga in New Zealand. I have had a priviledge to learn from the best (not famous!) yoga masters all over the world. I went far away from my home city of Seattle where yoga studios are on every corner to learn more authentic and less commercial yoga.
Below is a visual presentation of my experience with yoga. To get to true understanding of anything in the world, one needs to study and experience a lot! Then naturally clarity comes and suddenly one can see the essence of the matter… in a simple way. At that point, our own way of understanding can evolve. When one understands something clearly, she can explain it to others in a simple way.
I view yoga as:
1. A complete system of natural health.
2. A process, not perfection.
3. A system of tools that helps one understand herself and life.
In my teaching of yoga, I:
- debunk numerous myths about yoga
teach people, not postures
- focus on my students and clients and forget about myself
- teach people to be their own teachers and practice yoga intuitively
- explain amazing physiology so everybody falls in love with their body regardless of its form and shape
- teach not to compare yourself to me or others
- prove that even three postures a day is yoga and one doesn’t need to stay on her head to be a yogi
I believe GENTLE is the new POWER in yoga
- prescribe a simple daily Sadhana for each person as their anchor in life and medicine for their mind and body
simlify, simplify, simplify
- see unique abilities in each person (even if they can’t see them yet)
- ask people to come to classes with the mind of a beginner
- keep saying that Yoga is not as serious and strict as one might think
- that one can design their own yoga (after you’ve learned the basics)
teach people to experience joy
When people ask me what kind of yoga I teach, I say “my yoga” :). Over the years I have developed my own system which is a harmonious blend of Classical Hatha, Ashtanga, Satyananda Lineage Kriya Yoga, Tantra Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Breathing, Dancing, Concentration, Meditation, Relaxation and Visuzlization techniques. Yoga sessions are carefully selected for each person’s needs and sometimes on the person’s Ayurvedic Constitution determined by observation or pulse taking. I adapt my group classes to the age, health condition, and the overall goal of the group. Hypnotherapy and Shamanic Healing are often blended into my yoga sessions.
Since human physiology is one of my passions, I have a deep understanding of the human mind and physiology and love to enlighten people about their amazing body and mind.
My clients report feeling rejuvenated, calm, full of energy and gratitude after inHarmony Yoga sessions. They are always encouraged to be in the moment and with their body and breath at all times. One-on-one clients receive their individually designed unique daily Sadhana practice and are inspired to do it at home on a consistent basis to truly feel the power of transformation of Yoga.
Concentration leads to Meditation
- Visit yourself today!
- No, it’s not easy to sit still but it gets easier and enjoyable with practice. Stilling the mind is not meditation, it’s learning to focus.
- No, you are not supposed to see colors and white light. One cannot plan or fabricate meditation. Meditation can be allowed to happen when the body and mind are ready.
- Just sit still and focus on your breathing.
- Remember the simple truth – our mind can focus only on one thing at a time.
- One cannot learn to meditate, anymore than one can learn to sleep. One FALLS into both states.
The Easiest Meditation Method!
Once you learn to quiet your mind with the help of a Concentration technique, your mind starts to vibrate at lower Brain frequencies (Alpha). In this state the human brain vibrates in harmony with the Earth and the Ocean. Read more >>
Disclaimer: The yoga therapy components of inHarmony Yoga Therapy are based on my trainings with IAYT and Ayurvedic Studies, not derived from my status as an RYT ®with Yoga Alliance Registry.”